WP6 - Transformation in Urban Systems
Work Package 6 (WP6) analyses and contributes to the behavioral transition by examining urban transformations from an integrated and systemic perspective, relating specific transformations to the sustainable development goals, and assessing the implementation potential of win-win and green growth strategies at local and city levels. This will be investigated in four case studies, namely Istanbul, Shanghai, Barcelona and Venice.
The work will be done jointly by the Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Institute of Environmental Science and Technology of the Autonomous University of Barcelona and Università Ca’ Foscari, Venice and run in close collaboration with the WP4.
The work is performed in the following steps:
- Contextualizing the four case studies.
- Identifying potential prototypes of win-win strategies and underlying cultural models and mechanisms of transformation.
- Selecting specific green-win projects and understanding how these fit in the city-level sustainability.
- Analyzing the enabling environments of the selected projects, including opportunities and constraints within the cultural, institutional, organizational, governance, sociotechnical and economic structures.
- Understanding which kinds of capacities, interpretative frameworks/narratives and ways of integrating and managing knowledge are being used to develop innovative win-win strategies and sustainable business models.
- Learning from the cases studies and linking with broader literature and global practices of urban transformation towards sustainability.
UOXF, UAB, Ground Up Association, IASS , UNIVE, BOGAZICI UNIVERSITESI