The booklet Green-win Narratives is developed through the course of the GREEN-WIN project within the Global Dialogue and the detailed studies carried out by the project partners. The GREEN-WIN project is a major international transdisciplinary research collaboration supported by the EU. It applies a solution-oriented approach targeted at increasing the understanding of links between climate action, economic development, and sustainability.
The project critically assesses where and under which conditions win-win and green growth strategies that meet climate, economic and sustainability goals work in practice and where fundamental trade-offs must be faced. The project team is focusing on four particular themes that have been identified by practitioners and policymakers:
- Develop transformative narratives highlighting opportunities in climate and sustainability action in order to contribute to overcoming cognitive barriers and empower people.
- Examine climate and sustainability finance and policies and governance arrangements in order to contribute to overcoming financial barriers to mitigation and adaptation.
- Substantiate the economics of green growth in order to contribute to overcoming economic and collective action barriers to de-carbonization.
- Contribute to overcoming economic and institutional barriers through identifying win-win strategies, sustainable business models and enabling environments in three action fields of coastal zone flood risk management, urban transformations and energy, and poverty eradication and resilience.
This booklet is the collection of the five sets of bottom-up green growth narratives that show the availability of a range of policies at different levels that can achieve climate wins. The narratives presented in this booklet are:
- Finance and Entrepreneurship Narratives
- Urban Narratives
- Rural Narratives
- Energy Narratives
- Global Dialogue Process Narratives